It's really true, hindsight is 20/20. Things that seemed O.k., or at least within the realm of normal, at the time. Look truly ridiculous,or just plain funny, when you look back. So with that, I give you Not Me! Monday...
I did NOT get 7 inches cut off my hair on Friday. I know I let my hair go on a regular basis, and make it into a hair stylist once or twice a year. But there's NO WAY I let it go SO FAR this time that I needed 7 inches cut off to get it back to some semblance of cute again.
And being the consummate, type A, homemaker that I am. I DID NOT relinquish all cooking and food preparing to my husband on Saturday when we had some friends over. Guilt did not wash over me when our company arrived and, as I was talking to my friend, I realized Mike and the husband were in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on the meal. (Mike you are the BEST husband in the WORLD!!!)
(Oh, and this ones a doozy!!) I did not go to church last night (we missed the morning service) with bed head and no make-up on. I surely did not weigh, in my mind, if I would see anyone I knew and decide that, in fact, I probably would not. I did not let myself be swayed by my husbands plea of, "You look beautiful! Let's just go to church..." and just throw on my shoes and go.
And lastly, I have not been ridiculously giddy with excitement (way more than I should be) that a BLESSED friend of mine surprised me by bringing me tonight's supper. It's this gem of knowledge that makes me giggle everytime it comes tripping across my brain. Me, excited? No! :)
So there it is. So many things that I might have done, if I wasn't such the put-together, all succesful mother of three (soon to be four!). :)
No comments:
Post a Comment