Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Day in the Life...

It seems the posts that I do get done here lately have a running theme... not much going on. I am getting everyday life accomplished. Which, for how much I have going on, is saying a lot. The "schedule" is do or die at this point. Either I stay on it or something big doesn't happen, like school, or supper. But I thought I would share some snaps of our everyday life, such as it goes.

Caleb is being a great baby. He's sleeping through the night (10pm - 6am!!!) he's nursing every 3 hours, it's great! He might be the easiest baby that I've had.


School is happening everyday, whether or not any of us want to. This is the time of the school year where no one wants to be doing it, public school, home school, teacher, or student. I have a new love for my curriculum though. The author has put some REALLY fun projects during these weeks (she obviously knew these are the weeks we all struggle). Today Sofia, Lilia, John and I basically played Black Jack. :) Except we only played with the cards 2-9 and whoever got closest to 20 got a raisin. Never mind that Sofie's learning how to add 3 numbers together and is beginning the basics of multiplication, or that she was sweet and added her brother's and sister's cards together for them too...
More math, this time with goldfish in some "fish bowls"

We also had a "grasshopper" day and learned about them. Here Sofie made Peanut Butter playdough and then crafted a grasshopper from them. O.k. it looked more like a fly when she was done, but can I tell you the fun she had! And now knows the workings of a grasshopper.

And Lilia, she continues the wild card of the bunch.
I found her helping Baby Alive go potty the other day. Never mind SHE has tried to give up using the potty, but dolls on the other hand...

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Playdates are VERY important to get some of the wiggles out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julia, I love reading your blog it is so down to earth and your children are so adorable. Especially Lilia.

myfourgems said...

very cute post...looks like you are doing an excellent job homeschooling...you can be my mentor when it is financially impossible to have four children in private school anymore!

Julia said...

Thanks Judy. :) Lilia is quite the girl. She's either going to be the comedic glue that holds our family together, or she's going to be the much loved absent sister who's off trying to save the rain forests in Ecuador.