Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend - David & Andrea's House

We have finally made it to Iowa for a weekend! Between having a baby and spending our summers camping, I think it's been close to a year since we have visited my home town.

This weekend we were able to spend Easter with my family. Both my brothers have moved since the last time I was there and so our weekend was very scheduled to make sure that we were able to fully take in each brother's new house.

For the noon meal on Saturday, we went to my baby brother's house. I loved it. It's basically a modern log house. I loved the ski chalet feel of the rooms and the great vaulted ceilings in the main area. The house is sitting on a very wooden lot and you can even see a small pond from their backyard.David, the ever resourceful guy. Has bought this wood burner to warm his house. So the cost of heating his house? Free!

Andrea cooked some very yummy food. Here she is "smashing" the potatoes. They were very fun to eat.

We had decided to have an Easter Egg hunt at both houses for the kids, they had such fun searching around the yard and finding all the eggs. Thank goodness the weather was nice. An outside Easter Egg hunt is much more fun.

Lastly there was lots of baby snuggling, toddler hugging , and all around kid cuddling going on at all times. There was never an empty lap.

No comments: