We have one tried and true rule we follow when we go camping. Never believe the weather report. So with rain in the forecast on all but one day of our Annual Byrd-Memorial-Day-Weekend Camping Trip, we left with our rule firmly in our hearts. And, thankfully, it served us well once again. I don't think you could ask for better camping weather. Cool nights, warm days, but not
too warm. The sun was shining and there was no wind,
(My personal favorite).
We traveled to Backbone State Park this time. I grew up going to this campground so there were many good times to reminisce about.
We spent our weekend eating lots of yummy food,

hiking The Backbone,


and enjoying campfires started by our truly gifted pyrotechnician...

We were joined by my parents and my brother Joe and SIL Carrie. The kids LOVE Joe & Carrie. They bring along dogs and let you "walk" them. Joe takes them fishing and fixes up their bikes for them. What's not to love! At any time the kids are clamoring, snuggling, and just down right vying for any lap space on either of them. I might need to get the kids to not love their Aunt and Uncle SO much... :)

And, of course, Gma and Gpa, the best bubble providing,

food preparing,

nature walk helping,
bestest Byrd grandparents 4 kids could ever have. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go camping with them again! It won't be long, our whole summer is planned just like this...
3 comments:
FABULOUS!!! Glad you had such a wonderful time.
Awesome, i still have hopes that one day the braggs will have a spiffy camper.
i see you are getting savvy with the camera, must have read mckmama's photo fuzzing post carefully! :)
You betcha baby! Actually I couldn't do any of the things that her post said. My camera doesn't have the "f" setting that she talked about (or at least I can't find it) and I don't have any fun post production picture software. Oh well, I'll have to be content with my little "blur vignette" button...
Post a Comment