We recently took a trip to a local firestation! I have a friend who runs a daycare (+ is pregnant with her third child, + is homeschooling her oldest... and she tells me I'm crazy!) and she takes an annual trip to the firestation and invited us a long this year.

My kids were very excited to go and listen intently as the fireman explained and showed all his gear.

Then they were even able to climb up into quite a few of the trucks and look around at all the tools and gear. Lilia and John were having a great time. They loved climbing into the trucks and John's inquisitive brain was working over time. He didn't ask a lot of questions, but was up front, hanging on the fireman's every word.
Sofia, truthfully she looked bored for most of the time. She was very respectful and didn't complain. But she would get distracted with Caleb A LOT and would start to look around. So when we got back to the car I asked Sofie if she had any fun, to which she answered, "Oh, yeah Mom! They gave us stickers and a coloring book!"

Which, yes, they were handed out at the end. I guess that just goes to show that a nominal trip can always be salvaged with a good sticker and coloring book. SO glad that she's still at that age!
The closest (Lord willing) my kids will ever be to attending daycare. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment