So the weekend before school started we packed up the camper, and all the children, and headed to a beautiful private campground in North Eastern Iowa. I must say that I LOVE North Eastern Iowa. Right on the bluffs of the Mississippi with all the caves and craggy rock formations. All the little hills and valleys. The scenery is beautiful. So when my Iowa bound family asks us to make the drive... well, it's not that hard to convince us.
This campground was everything you think of for North Eastern Iowa, scenic, full of rippling brooks and streams. And a train... Not a cute, retired steam locamotive that is put on display for campers to nostalgicly wax of yester-year. But a fully functioning railroad track that has trains going by every three hours. My Sister-In-Law had kindly warned us of this fact before we had even arrived. But it's kinda like child birth. You don't REALLY know what it means until your camped 100 feet from the track and you get the full experience. At 4:00 am I was thoroughly convinced we were camping ON the tracks.
So all train talk aside. We had a great time relaxing and enjoying the last lazy days of summer.
This campground has boat cave tours. The best way I've seen a cave yet. We were piloted through all sorts of low ceiling rooms and told scary stories to boot!
So it was all sorts of fun to camp with family,
soak in some puppy time, 
before the busy school year. Who knows, we may go back...
1 comment:
I so love the picture of the "men" all lounging on the chairs together! Please make us go camping with you next year!
Post a Comment