Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Weekend Camping Trip

We love camping in the summer and so this last weekend we got to start the summer camping fun! We went to Clear Lake, Iowa . We didn't do too much, which can be half the fun of camping.

We did enjoy a good fire with singing and smores. :) My poor brother David, he tried so hard to get a fire going but the wood was too wet. He spent all night nursing the fire. I love this picture because it looks like he was trying so hard to get the fire going that he started breathing fire himself to get it started...
A classic Byrd family camping tradition. Singing around the campfire. At one point a fellow camper yelled out, "Are you guys a band!?!?!"

Grandma Byrd with her grandbabies. The kids absolutely adore their Gma Byrd. The feeling is completely mutual.

We did manage to snap a family picture. This was Monday morning when we were packing up to go home. We all are really grubby! I guess that means we had a successful camping trip!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

JuJu,

I think you are the ultimate! I would NEVER go camping. I hate sleeping outdoors. And I hate sleeping in campers even more. I'm proud of you. You even did it with a smile on your face.