Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Long Time No Post

Hello Wolfe Cub blog followers!

I know that I have been MIA for over a month (geesh! How time flies!). But I'm back now and ready to resume my regularly blogging schedule. We have had a lot going on in the last month!

1. I attended MACHE (Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators) again this year. It was the shot in the arm that I needed to finish our school year strong. Sofie is a couple of weeks shy of finishing her 1st year of homeschooling. I think that she will be done by the end of May. She asked me the other day if we could start 1st grade right away....

2. Awana's is over for the summer. Praise the Lord! I've been the room teacher in John's Cubbies class and I am ready to not have the commitment for a while! The kids are sad, but no worries, that will start up again in the fall also. The picture below is John with some friends from Cubbies. (It was pajama night)
3. We bought a new camper! Can you believe it?! We hardly can't. It's such a big step for us, but I know that we will get so much use out of it. (Now if only the "new" smell would dissipate, bleck!)
4. Sofie is now, officially, a two wheeled bike rider. The instant that the weather got a little nicer, she's been doggedly practicing and learning to ride on two wheels. I have been amazed at how fast she caught on! Maybe Mike's athletic ability has passed down to our children. Lord knows I don't have any. She can now start and stop on her own, and her newest skill is learning how to coast. An often overlooked, but very important skill!

No comments: