We started school this morning after our 1 1/2 month haitus. Actually it was the 1st morning in 1 1/2 months that I've had us follow our schedule at all. I found some time to actually COOK breakfast (thanks to Caleb sleeping in a little), I took a MORNING shower, and we made it downstairs to accomplish some school. Thank the Lord God up above that my MIL came over and watched/ played with John and Lilia so Sofie and I could ease ourselves back into school.
Adding Caleb to the mix was an experience. That's when I really started to repeat to myself, "It's just going to be an adjustment, it's just going to be an adjustment!" He wouldn't sleep and he wanted to be nursed all the time. Which just isn't going to work. I need my hands to hold a book, or hold a pencil. I guess it's like I told my MIL later, "today was an exercise in seeing what WON'T work."
But never fear! I'm keeping a posotive attitude and I truly believe we'll all adjust and be a well oiled machine by the time we are done with school for the year. (Now for tommorow when John and Lilia will be with us...)
2 comments:
You can do it! I have no doubt. You have the right attitude...it is just an adjustment period and you WILL be a well oiled machine in no time. I am proud of you!
It is going to be an adjustment and you can do it. Every season of life deserves its own schedule and new routine. You will find the right one for this season soon. Keep up the good work.
Great pictures of the school room. You sure look like you know what you are doing. Got the paperwork for Isabelle's pre-school screening which is making me feel I need to make some kind of decision even though I know I have plenty of time. We'll see.
Post a Comment