We waited a week after his actual birthday to have his party so that all the guys could go to the motorcycle show this weekend. I still wanted to observe his actual birthday, so last weekend we took the kids bowling.
(sorry for the horrible picture, it's all I got)
Then this weekend was the big family party hullabaloo, We had Chili for supper and topped it all with a Lego birthday cake!
When my parents had arrived the night before he had to put his birthday present from them on the Piano and then WAIT all day Saturday before he could open it. I don't know who was more tortured, him for having to wait, or me for having to say, "Not yet" all the time. But finally present opening time had arrived. 
Then we finally he was able to focus on the Birthday cake once the presents were all open.
Meanwhile, Caleb found plenty of willing arms to hold him as long as he wanted...
And cousins Jake and Isabelle found some games to occupy themselves
Happy Birthday John!!! You've just blasted your way into a new phase of life!
3 comments:
Wish we could have been there! Looks like John had a fabulous time. Amazing job on the cake Julia, it's so cool! (:
Happy birthday, John! What a big boy he is becoming! Great job on the cake!
Are you trying to tell me something with that horrible bowling picture. I am sending the good ones now and will expect an update. Sorry!
Post a Comment