Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Baby Workout

I've had enough children to know what the Dr. is going to say at the 4 mo. well baby check-up, "Needs more tummy time!" The big problem is, is that to give Caleb any floor time puts his life in peril. :) His older siblings would LOVE him to death with such easy access. Today, though, some rare circumstance came together where I could put Caleb on the floor in safety. One - we were home! Two - all the older kids were in their quiet times, and three - Caleb was awake when the others were asleep.

I was shocked how far Caleb is in his development already. I'm sure it's time for him to be doing all these things. But, largely, he still gets treated like he was treated 4 mo. ago. A newborn. So it was surprising to see him trying to roll over and getting so close!

With all this trying to roll over, he keep moving in a circle, he loved his new freedom!
I helped him, just a little to roll over. I thought he would object right away to this foreign position.
But he liked it for quite awhile. :)
He's also almost sitting up. He loves to sit on one leg and be propped up by the other. Momma gets tired of sitting like this before Caleb does. So there ya go. A workout fit for a baby. :)

1 comment:

myfourgems said...

i just love this age...LOVE IT!