Friday, March 27, 2009

Tidbits

We have a devotional time each morning before as the start to our school day. I have a fabulous, short reading that I go through each morning, and then we pray. As with most siblings, it's always a competition to see who will get to pray 1st and so many months ago I had instituted the rule that Sofie gets to go 1st one day, and then John the next. Unfortunately on Monday I couldn't remember who had gone 1st on Friday. Ugh, I'm sure you can guess everyone's answer to my question, "I get to go first!"

Well, so I told them that I truly didn't remember and so someone was going to have to be unselfish and let the other one go first. You could've heard crickets chirping, they just both looked expectantly at each other, waiting for the other to give in. So I ratcheted up the pressure a little more. "Alright, who's it going to be? Who is going to be unselfish? Who wants to make Jesus happy?" More crickets... So then I decided to go all the way and asked, "Alright, Jesus- the Holy Spirit is talking to one of your hearts right now, saying to let the other person go, who is it? Who is Jesus talking to and telling you to let the other person go?!" John sheepishly raises his hand half way, "He's talkin' to mine, Mom." and he grins this sheepish little grin. That boy is so precious!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sofie is off to Cahill School this morning. It's a one room school house experience that, I guess, most of the kids in our area get to do during there elementary years. She was VERY excited and couldn't wait. The report back from her Grandma (who took her) was that she was a little overwhelmed when they got there. But there were some homeschooling friends there to help with the newness of it all. Her Grandma offered her some "pocket" money for the whole experience and she was so overwhelmed that she just said, "No thanks Grandma..." She must really be out of her element to refuse some cold hard cash!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have had a HUGE week this week with outings and playdates, appointments and reservations. We've been gone so much that the kids haven't even been able to properly trash the house since I cleaned it so thoroughly on Tuesday. This has also meant precious little time for naps. So when I went to find Lilia for Supper one night this is what I found. Poor girl, she is still just a baby herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lastly please pray fervently for my friend. I'm just heartbroken over her struggles with her sick baby. He was born just a month before Caleb. I can't imagine Caleb being so sick. Please pray continously for this precious babe.


Prayers for Stellan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My awesome sweet grandchildren. It is hard to explain and even contain the joy and pride they bring.

myfourgems said...

lovely post...

LOVE that Sophie got to experience the Cahill one room school house...that was MY FAVORITE field trip ever!

I am SO excited to get to lead teach our colonial days little house on the prairie-esque enrichment day in May for the 2nd graders and so wish that school was down here to take them to!

Love your bold prodding story of drawing unselfish hearts out of your children! That was a good one!

feeling nostalgic for loved ones today, wish we could sit together and watch the chaos around us together.

Dismayed at MckMama's latest twitter that he is back in v-tach.

Melanie said...

I knew it would be John. His heart is so soft and giving. Loved that story.

What devotional book do you use?