Caleb is an official thumb sucker now! He's so sweet. At 4 months old he isn't even crying when I lay him down for a nap. He just rolls over and starts sucking on his thumb. Actually, for his afternoon nap he DID start crying when I laid him down and wouldn't quit. I realized later that he has a little sore on his thumb!!! Poor boy! His thumb needs to get toughened in quick. Pretty soon he'll have a big ole' callous like his big brother.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
A Little of This and a Little of That...
Here are some random shots of our day today. I love these days where we are home all day long and just go from one random activity to another. There's no rush on any of it. Just a day of kids being kids, babies being babies and Mommies... well Mommy's making sure nobody gets too hurt. :)
Caleb is an official thumb sucker now! He's so sweet. At 4 months old he isn't even crying when I lay him down for a nap. He just rolls over and starts sucking on his thumb. Actually, for his afternoon nap he DID start crying when I laid him down and wouldn't quit. I realized later that he has a little sore on his thumb!!! Poor boy! His thumb needs to get toughened in quick. Pretty soon he'll have a big ole' callous like his big brother.
Sofie, being my creative child, wanted to make a necklace for herself today. So she found a bit of ribbon and threaded some buttons on to the ribbon. I was very impressed! It was a fat ribbon and the buttons had tiny holes. (We did have the conversation about being very careful when tying things around one's own neck...)
Mike has been busy digging out all the ugly rock in the front of our house. John has been his faithful side-kick for the entire project so far. John took it upon himself today to start in adding the steaks to the ground...
Lilia is a fun mixture of wanting to be just like her Sissy (ergo the oversized blue skirt of Sofie's) and independently doing what-ever it is that she wants to do. I love how she can play, with Nuk in hand. Somehow the Nuk always stays aloft.

Lastly if anyone was tempted to maybe go camping with us, but thought Hayward, WI sounded to far away. I'm sure we could probably be convinced to camp closer, like Baker Park Preserve .... :)
Caleb is an official thumb sucker now! He's so sweet. At 4 months old he isn't even crying when I lay him down for a nap. He just rolls over and starts sucking on his thumb. Actually, for his afternoon nap he DID start crying when I laid him down and wouldn't quit. I realized later that he has a little sore on his thumb!!! Poor boy! His thumb needs to get toughened in quick. Pretty soon he'll have a big ole' callous like his big brother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was with Roxie yesterday and they bought a new tent with a screen porch on sale for 80 dollars. We could buy on and camp next to you! Hum. I haven't discussed with my man yet. I must be dreaming!!
Post a Comment