Saturday, June 13, 2009

As Perfect as Perfect Can Get

It's days like these that befuddle Mike and I, that we are so blessed to live where we live. It was a BEAUTIFUL day here today. Actually the word "beautiful" doesn't do this day justice. What's NOT an overused word that describes near perfection this side of heaven? I don't know, but whatever it is, today was it.

There wasn't a cloud in the sky, the temperature was warm but no humidity and a light breeze ( different from windy). We decided to hop on the bike trail at the end of our block and ride/ walk into Excelsior to enjoy the Art Fair by the lake. Doesn't it sound great already?!!?

Mike and I walked the 3 miles while Sofie and John rode their bikes.
Sofie is definitely on a face painting kick. She spotted the face painting tent the instant we arrived (we are currently in negotiations about how she might get out of washing it off during her bath tonight, actually she's in negotiations, my mind is already made up...)DO YOU SEE JOHN'S FACE!!!! He was so excited to get it done! My "particular" boy let his face get painted, and he LOVED it. Later he was walking by a decorative mirror and when he caught his reflection he said, "Woah! I wasn't expecting that!" :)

So we walked around the festival and enjoyed the beautiful wares. Some people are so talented. The pottery was beautiful. Why am I drawn to the pottery?

Then we got a treat! The kids shared some Italian Ice... Caleb made do with the camera strap. Then they made a game of the bleachers (are those new? I don't remember them from last year...) And then we looked at the scenery. It's worth the Frozen Tundra winters to be able to see this in the summer.
We even enjoyed some local wildlife... (Who knew rabbits came "cow" colored!)
(The local famous snapping turtle. Identifiable by the crack in his shell. And yes, Mike was messing with a snapping turtle. He was warned.)We then took the bike trail back home. It was about as perfect as perfect gets, this side of heaven. (I'm assuming in heaven I won't get the obligatory sunburn that goes along with such outings.)

1 comment:

myfourgems said...

that really does sound like a perfectly wonderful day!

Lots of family fun is going on this summer and it is great to see!

Loved the pics and John's face was so great!