Thursday, June 11, 2009

Children's Museum (aka How Many Pictures Can One Post Hold...)

On Wednesday we visited the Children's Museum with my wonderful friend Shana and her two sons. I had been wanting to go for awhile, but I'm not good with trying new things. Especially when that means driving into a big SCARY city that I don't know my way around in. So Shana was very nice and researched the directions and "escorted" me and my brood (we caravaned) to the doors of the Museum.

The kids had a blast and have already tried to pin me down as to when they get to go next. They will remember this trip for a long time!

All the kids (but one, I bet you can guess!) really got into the face painting. I did all I could to not try and minimize the color on their faces and I did a really good job. I took pictures so that kept me busy and my mind off what they were doing to their faces. :) Of course, John, in true John fashion, did not want any writing on his face.The kids could've spent their whole day just in the 1st exhibit! There were boulders (foam boulders) to carry, convey and drop. Then there was water to splash, sploosh, and spray...After a while we would move the kids into a new exhibit. It was a trick to move them from something that they loved, to another thing that they loved, all with out any fits. Sofie could not believe her eyes when she saw a TV Station at one exhibit, complete with a blue screen that you could play in front of. Now THAT was hard to pull her away from. (this is the picture of the TV screen that Sofie and Lilia were on)Then Laaaaa! It was a Clifford exhibit! My kids have loved Clifford from way back. We stayed a LONG time in that exhibit.The last exhibit had an ant hill, complete with tunnels, a stream that plastic tadpoles were "swimming" in and a turtle shell. Perfect for the parental photo op.We had a great day.

Oh and Caleb? Yeah, the Children's Museum isn't quite so much fun when your 6 mo. old. The most exciting thing he got to do was gum Shana's fingers. Can't you tell he was having a great time? :)

5 comments:

pawolfe said...

Wonderful post!

Melanie said...

I just got a coupon out of the paper this past Sunday for a buy a kid admission get an adult in free. Better deal for me than you but still, you should see if you can find it from Mom and Dad for your next trip. Isabelle still talks about our trip on her birthday at least once a week.

myfourgems said...

looks like a great place! i am with you on having an escort to new places...today i drove 6 10yr old girls up to Helen GA to go tubing down the "hooch" but another mom went with me who had been there before.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that the Children's Museum is only about 3 blocks from our place and I think it's one of the museums you can get free passes for at the library.
~Aunt Cari

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it there - what a fun place!

Debbybyrd