I am truly blessed that I love a man who is also a great Dad.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Count Your Blessings, One by One
This weekend we took it easy. We just enjoyed being a family with young children and let the days roll and change as they wanted. So when Mike and the kids were being spontaneous in the backyard, I thought I would take some pictures. :) What struck me is that I can take visual stock of my many blessings just sitting there on our grassy hill. For Instance:
I am truly blessed that I love a man who is also a great Dad.
That with each addition to our family, the older children have been excited to take on their older sibling roll.
That I have strong, healthy children that can do anything they set their minds to. (Even swat a couple whiffle balls around because they were inspired by visiting the PGA tournament last week)
Not to forget the strong, sturdy house I have been blessed with, even though I can't seem to keep the neighboring woods from overtaking the back patio...
And that I am the Momma of that sweet little baby neck. Which is my greatest joy to be able to snuggle and kiss any time I want.
I am truly blessed that I love a man who is also a great Dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so sweet, the glory years indeed, there is something to be said for staying out of the rat race you would have begun by now if you had 2 going to school outside the home!
your post makes me feel again that I want to leave the trappings of suburbia behind and move to some acreage where we live off the land. :)
What a wonderful post of "just living" ....happy, carefree and relaxed.
Post a Comment