Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Woopee!! She's Three!

Well yesterday was THE day. Lilia's long awaited third birthday. She has known for months that her birthday was August 17. While we've been celebrating everyone else's birthday she has been diligent in reminding me that her birthday was on August 17!

I had called up a few friends to help us celebrate with a picnic at at park. So we met the families and we all had fun. The Moms got some adult conversation time while the kids ( there were 13 kids between 3 Moms... ) had a lot of fun together. Then we had lunch and cupcakes! Another boy had his birthday on the same day so we were able to celebrate two birthdays!

After that we went to the American Girls store because Lilia wanted, "Bitty Baby Stuff" for her birthday ( I think that idea was planted their by her sister) but we didn't spend too much time because we were all very worn out from the park.
Lastly we got home just in time to leave again with Mike. Lilia had requested pizza for her supper and so we obliged! We then came home to the rest of the cupcakes, and one more present from Mommy and Daddy (this one I knew SHE wanted ). Baby Girl, you're growin' up!

2 comments:

myfourgems said...

Such a cutie girl! And wearing my very favorite dress to her party!

Happy Birthday, Lilia!

Melanie said...

Happy birthday lilia. I was thinking about her on her day. It turned out that night we had dinner with the Arch bishop and family and it was their 35th wedding anniversary. they had forgetten because of all our trip stuff but the kids surprised them with a cake and sang a song to them. I was trying to imagine us singing a song (with harmony) to our parents on their anniversary.

anyway, happy 3rd birthday Lilia. You are getting so big.