Looking into the face of my oldest son always makes the grown-up stuff of this world melt away. I remember that I get to be his Mom and I am so thankful for him.
He is closing in on his golden birthday next month. February 6th he will be 6 years old. I haven't asked him anything about his birthday. But seeing as I have less than a month. I better get crackin'!
He's doing smashingly well with his Kindergarten studies this year. Yesterday his reward for finishing his reading lesson (they are getting progressively more difficult) was that I would play a Wii game with him. He TROUNCED me at Wii boxing! I've never seen a little boy duck and weave so fast. I don't think I'm going to take up on any boxing talent he might have though, will stick with virtual punches and jabs.
He loves ANYTHING Lego. We have SO MANY Lego sets around here. I haven't quite figured out the best way to store and display all the sets. But I think there are many Lego years yet to come. So I'd better figure something out.
Yes, my John boy. I'm so glad you are my son.
No comments:
Post a Comment