I guess I've been taking one of those blogging hiatuses again. I never mean to, but all the sudden it's 15 days later and I haven't typed one word on my blog, or even attempted to hit the shutter on my camera. It just happens, blink, 15 days have gone by.
So what been happening? You know, life. How do I even explain this stage of life? How do I not sound like a broken record, yet accurately convey that I am busy! How does a girl say she's busy, without it coming across like complaining.
Maybe to simply say this...
I'm busy, I'm so thankful that I'm busy, but I'm busy. I look at each of my children and get chills thinking about who they are. They are children that have come from ME. Wow. They are children that I get to raise and tell them about my Jesus. WOW! My life is just so ideal I can hardly stand it.
But I am busy. Homeschooling 2 children with two toddlers is a study in time management. If you can't manage, you don't have the time. I do wake up some mornings and can't get myself to do the exact same thing that I did yesterday, just hopefully faster. (This morning was one of those mornings.) It's hard to be internally motivated and yet TRY to not be depressed by the external messes. I've learned, the hard way, that for the 4th child,
These little busy factories are so stinkin' cute. I try, every day, to just enjoy them. I find myself yelling less and fretting less when I just decide to enjoy their cuteness. For instance, as I type Lilia is running up and down the hallway. She's supposed to be in quite time and she thinks I can't hear her. She's running on her tippy toes trying to lessen the sound. Little does she know, I hear everything. Apparently Caleb does too. Her "silent running" has now woken him up and he's now calling.
More cuteness. We attended a class at a church that we have recently started attending, last Saturday. As we are pulling out of the driveway Sofie says from the back: "Mom, Dad, why have you started bringing your Bible to church all the time? Is it because this is a Bible Church?" Geesh. Amazing how innocent questions can cut you to the core. :)
So anyway (one of my favorite phrases). I'm here, busy, and thankful for every minute of it.
2 comments:
Thank you Lord for the blessing of this amazing DIL who is an outstanding Mom to my grandchildren and loving husband to my beloved son.
Oophs!! How about a loving wife to my son.
Post a Comment