I don't know why, but this year there have been a shocking amount of icicles hanging from our house. It must be from a the thawing and freezing that has been going on.

But instead of fretting about ice-dams and roof damage. I decided to let the kids have fun with them instead. They had been watching them grow for days and were beyond excited to finally go collect some.
(And yes, I know that an icicle to the head would be a very bad thing. Before they went out I knocked down all the questionable ones, and then we made a very firm rule that everyone had to be on the porch before anyone could knock them down)One of the kids would throw the ball at the icicles.

(It was usually Sofie.

She was the one who could reliably hit them) And then they would all scramble to the indents in the snow and pull them out. They did this for a couple of hours! Who knew some ice and a deflated ball could be so much fun.

But these are the kind of activities that make me happy. The kids, working together, playing with found objects, truly entertaining themselves. No TV, computer, or Wii in sight. Aaahhh...
No comments:
Post a Comment