Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bedtime Snacks


I think it's universal. RIGHT before bed, kids start wanting a snack. Whether it's trying to put off the inevitable, or just getting a case of the munchies, who knows. But I remember doing it when I was a kid.

How my parents dealt with this was to say, "Here's some carrots. If you're really are hungry, you'll eat them." And it always worked. I was always looking for some treat or something fun. Not carrots! So I would forgo the snack and go to bed.

Well now that I have children, I have found myself saying the same thing. "If you're really hungry, you'll eat carrots." Expecting them to walk away and just go to bed. Nope, not my kids. They say, "YEAH Carrots, can we have some hummus with them?!?!" well you can't deny them that! So they sit down with a bag of carrots and hummus and munch to their hearts content.

I guess they truly are hungry. :)

And what's even funnier? I find my husband looking for a bedtime snack every once in a while. And what does he choose?

Yup, carrots...

No comments: