Some days are like that.
I am thankful that I got in a nice nap before the choas really was ramped up. This pregnancy I haven't been sleeping well and am finding it really hard to turn my brain off at night. In addition we are all doing VBS this week and it's in the evening. Which just makes me even more tired.
I've been so tired that my eyelids have started randomly twitching.
But the tiredness and busyness is all worth it. It means we go do things like summer camping. Our latest foray was a little special/ unusual. As you know we usually go camping with my family. But this time we went with some family friends
We had planned this camping trip in April to coincide with a 10 mile race that I wanted to run with my friend. She relentlessly trained and ran the 10 mile race FAST. I was very impressed. My training somewhat has um... faltered while I bake this last child.I have become what I hate.
A plump bump on a log.
But road races aside we had a very nice camping weekend. (If you ignore the torrential rain and thunder storm that descended upon us Friday Night. My children slept like rocks through the entire thing. My niece on the other hand, ended up in bed with Mike and I for most of the night. Poor thing.)
We did all manner of camping traditions, grilled burgers, roasted s'mores,
We've planted the seed, for the joy of camping, in yet another generation.
1 comment:
so fun to see these pics! thank you so much for giving sarah her first camping experience! it will be a lifelong memory. :) and what wonderful aunt and uncle you are when your own children sleep perfectly and you still allow a scared niece to snuggle between you all night! :)
Post a Comment