Oh blog,
you and me,
have shared so much,together
The birth of children
Of life well lived
We have heralded, together
But with the dawn of a new Wolfe Cub
furiously approaching
I find our friendship
ebbing and flowing
But I promise never to completely give up
To never completely give in
And If I only touch base periodically
know that I think of you fondly
have shared so much,together
The birth of children
Of life well lived
We have heralded, together
But with the dawn of a new Wolfe Cub
furiously approaching
I find our friendship
ebbing and flowing
But I promise never to completely give up
To never completely give in
And If I only touch base periodically
know that I think of you fondly
O.k. there's my lame poem. I'm sick right now and that's all the more that my brain can wax poetically while simultaneously being filled with gunk.
But it accurately tells how I feel at this chapter in my life.
I'm busy! Not so busy that I can't turn around. Yet, every day I seem to end the day with remarking "Wow, today has been a big day!" and realizing that I had said that about the day before, and the day before, and the day before.
Anyway, what have we been doing that has been making for such big days?
Well school takes up most of our time. With Sofie in 3rd grade this year, her work load has definitely increased. Added on to that is John in 1st grade. You can't slip and slide aimlessly through 1st grade the way that you can Kindergarten. So we start school at 9am sharp, take an hour break at noon for lunch and recess, and then back to the books till 3pm. It's a good schedule for us and we are enjoying it. The younger children are in the mix too. Learning to be each other's friend, taking naps, eating snacks.
But like I tell my kids most days, "School is work. There's no getting around that." We strive to make the most of our time and having lots of fun along the way.
How are we having lots of fun?
Well school has a lot of fun projects in it this year. So many that we've started "brag walls." Any school project that they are particularly proud of, they can put it on the wall. They are getting quite the collections already!

or a baseball game (at the new Twins stadium), to name a few things.
Then to make sure that I'm not shirking on my duties there are also all the chores. You know, laundry to "process", dishes to clean, and meals to be eaten.
We are truly having a wonderful time this fall.
1 comment:
Laundry to "process" - I love it!
I have such a love hate relationship with laundry - I love the structure of it - sort, wash, dry, fold - but I hate that it's never done. I'm going to stop 'doing' laundry and start processing it!
Post a Comment