It's 11:17 pm and I'm still awake. I'm at this awkward stage in pregnancy where I'm so tired during the day that I take a nap. Only to be up... and up... and up.
I know the next part of the conversation is, "Well, then why don't you force yourself to stay awake during the day. Your messing up your sleep rhythm!" Oh, for it to be that easy. Some days I don't take naps, I'm still up. Some days I do nap and I fall asleep at 7 pm. It's one of the blessing of pregnancy. Sleep is completely unpredictable. Not to mention how many times I wake up in the middle of the night. There's always something going on. I have to roll over, I have been overcome with a coughing fit, I have to use the bathroom, a child is crying in the next room. So anyway, I'm up, and thought I would use the time to get some blogging done. :)
We enjoyed our first snow of the season last Saturday. A LOT of snow.

I think our part of our fair (well cold but fair) city got around a foot of snow. It was unbelievable. So before our power went out for 24 hours the kids got in some play time. It was the first thing that the kids wanted to do when they woke up. So as I took off for an early morning breakfast with a friend (on the most treacherous bit of snow driving I have EVER done). Mike was left to outfit our children in snow gear. I thought I had everything ready. But I might have missed a few things (notice Caleb's mittens)

John, Lilia, and Caleb wimped out pretty fast. But Sofie got started on a snow man and was out there the longest. She made the cutest little personal snow man. Which, of course wouldn't be perfect with out a hat and so she used hers.

But as with most first-of-the-season snow falls, this one hasn't been lasting. Oh well, it was pretty while it was around.
Lastly, home schooling does seem to fall on the mother's shoulder's for the most part. So I wanted to post this picture from tonight to show that even a Daddy's work is never done. Mike, just home from a full day of work. Took pity on his daughter and helped her finish her math assignment.

Gotta love that man.
No comments:
Post a Comment