I SOOO can't wait for spring to be here, that I've decided to dust off the "spring time" recipes that I have. So last night we had Tuxedo Pasta, I may not be able to pick my own asparagus, (there would have to NOT be 3-6 inches of snow on the ground, and oh, I'd need an asparagus patch :) ) But I can sure enjoy the feeling of spring in my own kitchen!
Tuxedo Pasta6 oz. large bow-tie (farfelle) pasta
1/2 Tbsp butter
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
½ lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
½ cup copped orange, red or yellow bell pepper
2 tbsp dry white wine or lemon juice and grated rind of 1 small lemon
3 tbsp fresh basil
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
Cook pasta according to package directions.

Meanwhile, melt 1/2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and mushrooms; cook until light golden brown, about 5 minutes.

Add asparagus and pepper; continue cooking until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice; simmer 1 minute.

Remove from heat; stir in lemon rind, basil. Toss with hot pasta. Place on serving platter; sprinkle with ¼ cup cheese. 4 servings

No comments:
Post a Comment