At a women's retreat a couple of years back, something that the speaker said comes back to me at times like this:
"When the kids are naughty or sick, and your husband needs your help, remember, these things are "get to" moments not, "have to's". You
get to wake up at 3am with a sick kid, because if they weren't there you would be childless, and when your husband is sick and can't help out, you
GET to pick up the slack because if he wasn't there you'd be alone with out your husband..."

So I remember this bit of WISE advise when I'm going on my 4th week of sickness being slowly but thoroughly passed around my family. Lilia, no kidding, started getting sick when my parents were here at the beginning of March, it mushroomed into high temps, sleepless nights, and barking coughs, this went on for 2 weeks, then Sofie woke up one morning with a temp and held that high temp for 3 days! And still 2 weeks later she isn't 100% and will have a temp every once in a while. And now my poor Mike has started spiking fevers and even stayed home from work on Friday. And, by the way, Lilia, after a full course of antibiotics and 4 weeks still has a runny nose and cough. For some reason John and I are escaping this latest rash of illness, though I have been battling a head cold.
It's a "get to" situation, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment