
The night started off so mundanely. Tonight was Wednesday night, AWANA's, so I went off to my weekly date with about 15 3-4 year olds. On the way to the church I call Mike and relay to him a story from my SIL. She and her husband had sold his truck on Craigslist in two hours this weekend. Mike and I talked about how, "Oh, they must've offered to little for it", etc. etc. But, my parting words were, "well, why don't you get our camper on Craigslist so that we can start to get it sold."
Famous last words.
When I got home from AWANA's tonight I notice some odd things...We have a wet driveway, the hose has obviously, recently, been used, and there's a bucket of sudsy water in the garage. When I walked in the door there stands Mike, completely drenched in sweat and has a glazed look in his eyes, so I ask, "'what's going on here?" to which I get the response, "The craziest night of my life!"
He goes on to tell me, that he indeed put our camper on Craiglist tonight, actual time? 6:45. With in minutes people start calling about the camper and it doesn't quit, he can't even get done with one phone call, than someone else is calling. So instantly people are wanting to come see it, and Mike is completely caught off guard!
1st phone call:
Potential Buyer, "Yeah, we saw your camper for sale, can we come see it tonight?"
Mike (gets up to look in the backyard to see if all of the snow has melted enough for him to get the camper out), "Um, yep, I think I can get it out, you want to come right now?"
Potential Buyer, "Yes! Right now. We're in (close suburb) how long will it take us to get there?"
Mike, "Only about 20 min, why don't you wait a couple of minutes and then come over so I have a chance to clean it up."
Potential Buyer, "All right, we'll be there"
2nd phone call:
2nd Potential Buyer, "Yeah, I'm calling about your camper, have you sold it yet."
Mike, "Nope, a family is going to come see it right now"
2nd Potential Buyer, "Well we're over in (farther away suburb) can I buy it over the phone, sight unseen?"
Mike, "Um.....(thinking really fast) no, whoever has cash in my hand 1st gets to take it home"
This is just two of the myriad of phone calls that Mike is dealing with in the midst of:
1. trying to move a camper from the backyard to the driveway
2. cleaning said camper QUICKLY because the 1st family is going to be there any minute,
3. 2nd potential buyer had a quick idea of their own and sent a friend who lives really close to bargain for them
4. oh, and by the way, he had put our Jeep on Craiglist at the same time and is dealing with the same pandemonium on that front and
5. Did I happen to mention that he also had 20 mo. old Lilia and 4 year old John to parent?
Oh and if all of that isn't enough, his cell phone batter keeps dying and so he's running back and forth from the house, trying to give it just a little more juice to hopefully make it.
Anyway, to wrap up the "most craziest night of his life," both families show up, the 1st one gets the cash in Mike's hand 1st and they walk away with the camper. At 8:30 at night. This all happened in an hour and 45 min.
Somewhere in the chaos Mike did get Lilia to bed and John, well, the family friend of the 2nd Potential buyer had brought her 4 year old son with. So they spent the night playing together. He did spend most of the night outside without a coat on, but he did have mittens on! He's gotta be O.k. right?
No comments:
Post a Comment