Thursday, April 3, 2008
Sparks
I've blogged a few times that Sofie and John are in AWANA's at our local church. They both absolutely love it, and are learning so much. It's been such a worthwhile endeavor. So to toot Sofie's horn, she finished her book! She's been working hard on it all year long and she has been (not so slowly) earning all of her jewels. She has had the book actually memorized for quite a while, but they aren't finished until they REVIEW the whole book AND learn 10 extra verses at the end. Last night Sofie got the last of her verses recited to her leader and earned the patch that is behind her crown. So now she is moving on to the Spark's workbook. She is so excited, and I am so humbly proud that my girl is filling her heart with God's word at this young age. She is truly hiding God's word in her heart...
(the last blue crown she will receive for her attendance at the last meeting)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go, Sofie!! (: I loved Awanas when I was a kid, and it's really amazing how many of the verses I learned back then have stuck with me. And I only started in 4th grade - Sofie's way ahead of me! (: Great job, Sofie!
Post a Comment