The kids are all adjusting so well to having Caleb in the house. Even Lilia shows absolutely no jealousy issues and is only excited about "my brudder!" and worries when she doesn't know where he is.
Caleb is almost 3 weeks old and is having longer awake periods everyday and is opening his eyes bigger and bigger each day. I just know this 1st year is going to go by so quickly!!
This weekend my family battled the snow and the blistering cold and drove up hear for our family Christmas. Thank you so much, all of you. It meant so much to see all my family sitting in MY living room and enjoying each other's company.
We opened presents and ate lots of food. It snowed a lot here on Saturday and you could hear at least one person singing at all times, "Oh the weather outside is frightful, but inside it's so delightful..."
We had a house full of babies this year! My nephew Eli was here. It was so special to finally hold the little (I mean BIG) guy and see how beautiful he is. This is my brother, Joe, babysitting two of his nephews. He was quite good at it!
Lilia was enthralled with her presents! She is at the age where everything she does is cute. Opening presents, modeling her new hat, and yes, even....
Sofie got a horse for her American Girl doll that she is going to get for Christmas. This is the least surprised anyone has ever been for Christmas. She's known that she was going to get this doll since this summer. I guess what her doll lacts in surprise, it makes up for in patience.
John scored with two things he can never have too much of. Thomas the Train sets and Lego's.
The only toy I've seen boys and grown men consistently bond over is Lego's. You never outgrow them.
3 comments:
Wonderful new blog. I am so happy you had such a great time with your family Julia!!
Hi Julia! So fun to see updates - congrats on little Caleb, and Merry Christmas to you all :o)
Cindy...
alright, so I lied in the "board" comments...I can't help myself to comment (why can't you help yourself :) )
looks like a great time, I am glad your family braved the weather and came...it feels so good when you live away from family that they are all willing to come to you! We really missed you all this T-giving, even Evie was asking if you all would come down again next year...hope so!
Sofie is just the most gorgeous little thing. Gracie seems pretty sure she is getting "Rufie" too. And it seems that Evie is quite certain she will be getting a nintendo ds...I should hide it to freak her out!
The babies are precious...how fun to have babies around during the holidays...I miss that!
And I love seeing Lilia in the clothes I sent, so glad you enjoy them and so glad we are able to share and spread the wealth! :)
love ya!
shel
Post a Comment