Just to give you a picture of what the weather is like up here in the Frozen Tundra. The Maple Syruping trip that we took (the last post) was 5 DAYS before this Zoo trip.
If I could bring your attention to the clothing in the Maple Syrup post. Everyone is quite bundled up. It wasn't freezing that day but it was chilly and the wind was blowing. Weather one would expect.
Well five days later it was a whole different story. That day was April 1st. It was as if the weather was pulling an April Fools Day joke on all us Minnesotans. The day just kept getting hotter

and hotter

and hotter.

The thermostat in the car read 82 degrees on our way home from the Zoo. But being a true Northern Tundra girl. I have learned to be thankful for what ever the weather is, because, the joke is, it's gonna change in 5 min. anyway. At one point Sofie asked me, "Mom! Why is it SO hot today!" to which I replied, "because it is a glorious, God given gift!"
We did have a wonderful day at the Zoo.

Our Zoo does a month of Farm Babies and so we decided to go see them on opening day. It should be called Pregnant Farm Animals right now. I didn't see many babies, just a lot of uncomfortable Mommas. But that just gives us a good excuse to go back this month to see if any of the babies have been born yet.
So we had a fun time with some friends and enjoyed a beautiful summer day, a couple months early. Nothin' wrong with that.
2 comments:
Your childrens pictures on your blog page are adorable :)
We were there the day before. Couldn't believe we missed the farm by 1 day. And it was a zoo, the busiest I have seen it since I was a child.
Post a Comment