Saturday, April 24, 2010

No Two are Alike

Tonight I am again reminded of the differences between the 1st born and the 4th born...

Mike built a big swing set/ play area in our yard last year. But when I sent Caleb out to play tonight with his siblings, never in a million years would I have expected him to be able to climb up into the club house area. I thought he would try, get frustrated, and move on with his life.

You see, Sofie and John were a completely different toddler. They were always careful and cautious. When we bought this gym for Sofie when she was 20 months, we had to get a little step stool so that she would climb onto the platform! And going down the slide was too scary and it took a lot of coaxing to get her to go down that slide. Caleb on the other hand worked and worked this evening until he was able to go up, all by himself. And down. And the only reason he had help going down was because we insisted on it! And he went round and round and round....

3 comments:

pawolfe said...

Special boy!! Joins the other 2 special grand-guys in Gma's heart.

Cari said...

Good job with the climbing pictures! Very cool effect. ;-D
~c

myfourgems said...

love the pics! he is so cute!