Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Baby Check

24 weeks. Click for larger view.

This morning I had my monthly baby check at the Dr.'s office. They did another ultrasound to check out a few things they hadn't been able to see before. The baby looks just perfect. Big, (measuring about 2 wks ahead of schedule) but perfect.

The baby is crowded up underneath my left rib cage and, as I can attest to, hangs out there most of the time. It was wonderful to see how well the baby is doing and gracious the Lord is that this pregnancy is going so well this 4th time around.

It's heart beat was in the 130 range. And as I said before, gearing up to be quite large. My Dr. and I were amazed how I keep doing this teeter totter of going from small babies to big babies. Both Sofie and Lilia were in the low 7lb. birth range. John was 9lb 11 oz! This baby seems to be following John's example. Does it mean it's a boy? I have no idea. I didn't find out.

At one point I did ask the Ultrasound Tech. if she had seen what the sex was, and sure enough, she had. But she respected my wished and kept all our conversation very gender neutral. I do want to know! But I don't want to be disappointed if it's a girl. The only reason I want another boy is so our family would be "even". I truly will be happy with either. I just know when the baby is born, I just won't care anymore what the sex is. So I might as well leave the discovery till the time I'll be happy with either.

As with all C-sections. You get to schedule the birth date ridiculously far into the future. So today, at 24 weeks, the Dr. and I decided that the 9th of December would be a great birthday. So mark your calendars! Baby Wolfe will be making it's arrival 2 1/2 weeks before Christmas!

Well, off to do some afternoon schooling. I thought I would be able to do it while Lilia was asleep, but no such luck...

No comments: