1st Grade!
Sofie also lost her 1st tooth last night. It has been loose, literally, since May. I don't remember it taking this long for a tooth to come out. But last night Mike gave it a little tweek (he truly just touched it) and a minute later Sofie was playing with it and it just popped out.
Then in, what I think, is probably Mike's and my top 5 bad parenting moments, we forgot to put anything under her pillow last night in exchange for the tooth. When Sofie woke up this morning she came to me and said, "it's not real" in a I-knew-it-was-too-good-to-be-true kind of matter-of-factness. I was completely oblivious and I said, "what's not true?" to which she held out her tooth box and said, "the Toothfairy." Ugh! Stab me in the heart. So I gently said that she was right, the Toothfairy isn't real it's just a fun thing we can pretend about, like Santa Clause, but Mommy and Daddy are very sorry that there isn't a treat in her box and we'll do a lot better tonight. My poor baby. Her first tooth and we TOTALLY botch it.
1 comment:
love to read your blog to stay on top of your life from way down here...i am loosely thinking of beginning one, too, but you know how obsessed i can get with stuff like this. :)
happy first day of school, sofie!
aunty shel
Post a Comment