Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall Camping

This weekend we combined two things that I enjoy immensely. Fall and Camping! This was my Dad's Birthday weekend, so we drove to some of his favorite fishing grounds, and some of my favorite scenery drives, and stayed at a campground we hadn't been to before. Let me tell you, we will be back! We camped about 15 feet away from the Yellow River and had gorgeous views because of it. Plus, since it was a private campground, we didn't have to camp in the EXACT designated spot on the campsite. So we were able to "circle the wagons" and have all the doors facing each other. A real camping treat!


I love camping in the North Eastern corner of Iowa. It's the Mississippi Bluff country and it's full of massive hills, craggy rocks and caves, gorgeous trees and scenic views. This picture I took standing at my camper. I loved how the vine leaves had already turned red. Making the trunk look red.

Here I was standing about 5 feet from my camper, looking down stream.
This was the kids one morning. Again, just feet from our camper. They wouldn't all pose for a good picture together. There were mole hills in our campsite, late on Saturday Norman was FINALLY aloud to try to find that mole. Boy he worked hard, but no reward. John thought for sure Norman would find some, "Tummy Yummy's" down there. (Watch an episode, or forty, of Clifford to learn all about Tummy Yummy's)
Grandpa brought his re-furbished, antique motorcycle along. The instant that my girls saw Gpa start toward the motorcycle, they knew they were getting rides. Sofie was 1st so Lilia had to wait... a hard lesson for a little two year old. :) (I didn't add this originally, but please know my Dad is VERY safety conscious. The motorcycle ride was a mere ride around the campground going less than 10 miles and hour. I could probably out-run them. O.k. not in my current condition, but you get the idea. :) )

Mike and Hank, a happy friendship. My Dad told me a couple of times that he prided himself on the fact that his kids could never pressure him into buying anything. Well I guess that's all gone by the wayside with the grandkids, (as it should be :) ) We walked around Cabella's on Saturday and Sofie saw a magnifying glass that she REALLY wanted. Grandpa thought that glowsticks would be a lot more fun. So he bought both. And the kids REALLY liked both. Especially looking at the glow sticks with the magnifying glass. :)

No comments: