Sunday, September 14, 2008

Working Weekend

This weekend, while Mike embarked on his annual, much deserved, dude vacation with his friends, my Mom came and staid with me so I wouldn't get scared and lonely. :)

It was truly a working weekend and very fun. We interspersed lots of closet cleaning, laundry room cleaning, and clothes sorting, with shopping and picnics in the park. So here is the end result of her visit, lot of clean closets! I WISH I would've taken some before pictures so you could've seen the chaos that was spilling out of the doors. But now I have some well oiled machines (read - closets) that can actually be used as they were intended.

Here's the hallway coat closet, it was, literally, knee deep in un-opened pop cans (completely expired, like 4 years expired!), boots, mittens and hats the kids had grown out of. Now we are ready for winter, let the snow fly! (Oh, please actually, don't let the snow fly!)

Here's the guest room closet. Mom took at least 1/2 of the contents home with her to be put in the Goodwill. (She took it home because I don't do Goodwill. It's not that I don't believe in it, or have the desire to do it. But sometimes you just gotta face facts about your stage of life and realize that you are never going to get that errand done.)
Now the top shelf has some cutely displayed mementos from Mike's and my yester-years. (Doesn't Mike's baby picture look like Lilia!!)

This is the part of the weekend my Mom started to get cranky with me... I didn't find out the sex of the baby. The baby clothes in this house are just insane. And instead of being able just to purge the clothes, only keeping ones for this baby. We had to sort and re-load because we don't know if it's a boy or girl. I truly was starting to question my logic this weekend! This isn't even all the clothes!
Here's more!
And yet more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those closets look great! You KNOW I know the feeling of accomplishment you must have when you look in those closets.

Now find out the sex of that baby, for crying out loud!!!!!! Because I am sending you more clothes as soon as our weather turns "fall-ish"...so maybe around November/Dec...we are getting somewhat of a reprieve down here this week from the heat, it is only supposed to be mid-upper 70's this week, yipee!