Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mike's "Free" Birthday

Well today was this guy's birthday. And I am excited to say that I am no longer 2 years older than my husband! Phew! Those 23 days that I'm even older than the usual 1 year are a real downer... (o.k. not really)

Being that money is tight right now, we tried our best to celebrate it, freely. We somewhat accomplished our goal... In the morning we all went to the local fitness club I belong to so that I could work out and he could leisurely swim and soak in the hot tub. Come to find out, it was anything BUT relaxing for him because he kept working out too hard. When I finally caught up with him poolside he looked like his head was going to explode... But, it was FREE. And that was the goal (Never mind that we did stop at the Cafe before we went to pick up the kids and bought a smoothy... BUT just one, and we shared it...)

Then we decided that we could eat out if some birthday money he was expecting arrived in the mail. Laaaa! It was actually there! So we bee-lined to one of his favorite restaurants for and absolutely free meal. (Nevermind that he forgot to use the money and, in auto pilot, charged it and didn't realize his mistake until it was too late.)

To continue on the free theme, we then drove to a cute town up north to take in the scenery and visit this cute little park I had heard of. Can you stand it?! More than precious!(O.k., this grass is fake! Have you ever seen such a thing?)

Lastly, Mike's cousin just happen to be having her son's birthday party today also. So there was actually a family party to celebrate his birthday too. Best of all the food was all provided! (Nevermind that we stopped and bought him a cheesecake for his birthday cake...)

Happy Birthday Sweetheart! I love You!!!

2 comments:

pawolfe said...

Great son....great DIL.

Melanie said...

We have the same fake grass at the park down the road from our house. It is great. All the neighbors joke about getting the lawns re-done in it. You will have to come visit it sometime. Where was that park you were at? Very cute.

I am glad to see your "free" days go the same as ours.