Truly, I said yes at first just to have Isabelle over for a couple of days to entertain my own brood. And last week that went wonderfully, she was easily assimilated into the collective and to have one more child running around the house wasn't any great stress on me. But when it came time for reciprocation I was a little nervous. Having 1 more child here is nothing like adding 3 more over there. But I recitited my mantra of needing to be, "Timidly Adventerous." and let my kids, and me, try something new.
Wow! What an experience!!! I don't know the last time I JUST had a baby to care for. It was such a surreal feeling to wake up in the morning and only have to pour myself a bowl of cereal and sit down and eat it! Or clean up a room and it remains clean! So what does a mother of 4 under the age of 8 do? I could've been responsible and cleaned, decluttered, and organized, (as Mel did) but nope, I was completely selfish with my time.
I took lots of pictures of my baby being cute... (yes, after I discovered his head peeking over the top railing I quickly moved the mattress to it's lowest level.)
painted some canvases I've been wanting to get to for a long time. Of course, in true Julia fashion, I got rather lonely on the 2nd day and so called up my MIL to entertain me. To which she did a fabulous job. :) I get lonely easily, one of the reasons I've had 4 kids! So, even though I had more fun than I could've guessed being by myself. I was very happy to have my children back and all the craziness and companionship they provide.
Mel on the other hand, I think she's REALLY glad she and her husband stopped at 2 children. When she called to have me pick them up last night the 1st words out of her moulth were, "I'm tired, I'm ready for you to come get them." :)
You're such a trooper Mel, I can only guess what it was like... You wanna make this an annual thing? :)
1 comment:
I thought I was more subtle than that when I called last night. :) I was tired but it was great. They are easy to have around. I forgot to tell you the other thing I learned having 5 children for 2 days, you NEVER say the right name first. What is that all about?
Glad you enjoyed it. I could tell you weren't sure why you needed 2 days to yourself but I just knew you did. Everyone does sometimes.
Post a Comment