Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Timidly Adventerous 2

Last Friday we did make the Zoomobile.

I thought that I wouldn't be nervous to go since we had blazed the "new experience" trail last week. But it was threatening to rain and the kids were tired from their Nature Camp with Auntie Nonnie. So again the trepidation was rising in my chest and I almost called it off. But with a surge of adventurism I decided that I wouldn't let a little thing like rain and exhaustion stop me and we forged ahead. And for the 2nd week in a row I'm glad that I did! (Actually I'm always glad when I push myself like this.) The kids had a wonderful time! And I saw a fellow homeschooling Mom there that I hadn't seen all summer, so we were able to catch up! The icing on the cake was, after we had been sitting there, oh, 30 seconds, the rain clouds went away and the sun shown for the whole entire presentation. Free, Fun, and Friends. It doesn't get much better than that.

The Zookeeper brought out some "interesting" animals. They were not all furry and cuddly...

I didn't know what to think when he brought this furry, but decidedly NOT cuddly, arachnid WAY too close to my first born... The Momma instincts were pinging in my head. But Sofie, she loved it.

Next was a big lizard... What's up with the "unusual" creatures?! After this was a snake, and an owl.
There were lots of kids there!
At the end the zookeeper brought out the bunny. Very cute, cuddly, and TOUCHABLE.
I guess this is an annual thing, so we'll be back next year!

No comments: