I know that you're all on pin's and needle's waiting for the big reveal of Caleb's 1st birthday cake that I never even mentioned that I was making. :) I know that you're all so deeply commited to my blog that you know that I ALWAYS make a special birthday cake for my children, and would do NO less for my baby's 1st birthday. :)
All right, back to reality. This year we celebrated Caleb's birthday a week after his actual birthday. I love making cakes for my children and wanted to do no less for Caleb. My SIL had given me a cake decorating book, (O.k. SHE knows me) and I couldn't wait to try out the book. So Mike and I (together, can you believe he sat through looking at a cake decorating book!) picked out this cute little dinosaur together.
I loved actually having some step by step instructions of a cake that finally wasn't over my head.

The only hard part was getting the dinosaur big enough to fill up the cake.

After that everything went smoothly. I did have one little hiccup with the black icing-in-a-tube that I bought. I was inappropriately cheep and didn't buy the decorating attachments that go with it. I finally decided to cut open the tube and dump all the icing into my own decorator bag and just cut my losses... good times. :)

And, you know, Caleb liked it,

and that's all that mattered.
2 comments:
Congrats Julia. Looks great! Way to go!
awesome! you did great as always, fun!
Post a Comment