Monday, October 26, 2009

It's My Blog and I Can Brag if I Want To!



A little background information:

Every Sunday night our family traipses back to church so that Sofie and John can be involved in the kid's choir program. It's not really just choir, though. Every Christmas and Spring the put on little "pageants," complete with the kids acting and dancing. I guess it's more of a fine arts program. Sofie is in the older kids choir, which is for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders. John is the younger kids choir for kindergarten and 1st grade.

We have asked both our kids if they wanted to try out for a special part this year. The audition's for Sofie's group were a couple weeks ago and she just wanted to get the "lay of the land" this year and didn't feel up to trying out for anything. (Just like her Mama, caution never hurt anyone. :) ) Last week was John's choirs turn and Mike, just in passing, asked John if he wanted to try out for a special part and John said SURE he would do it. So Mike signed him up at the door and that was that.

Well last night everyone comes home VERY EXCITED to tell me some news. The news?! John, a kindergartner, was given the lead roll of Stanley - the tiniest star in their Christmas musical "The Tiniest Christmas Star".... He has a couple solo's, pages of lines to memorize, and choreographed "actions" to remember.

Wow, did NOT see that coming. But I know he will be very good at it. :)

4 comments:

Jessy said...

I DEFINATELY want an invite to the play! Give John a big 'high-five' from the Perzels.

Anonymous said...

Wow, way to go John!! I'm sure he'll do a fabulous job. I'd SO love to come see both of them in it but I don't think we'll be doing 4-hour trips from home less than a month from my due date. (; Will there be a video? (:

Anonymous said...

Please let us know when the performance(s) is/are. I would hate to miss out on the boy's debut! ~Aunt Cari

Melanie said...

wow! so exciting. we will definately be there. So fun to have a family of thespians.