Thursday, December 3, 2009

Getting into Gear & A Birthday to Celebrate

Ugh, what is my problem. Blogging has definitely, for some reason, taken a back seat here lately. Do you want to know the lazy honest-to-goodness truth why? Well, we had to switch our internet access to a slower connection speed and so now instead of the website popping up instantaneously, it now takes "a while", and so I feel I just don't have the time to sit around and wait for a website to load up... Oh, what a sad existence I must lead. :)

Anyway, I have been very busy, we returned 3 days ago from our 10 day trip road-tripping to Atlanta and back for Thanksgiving. I have so many pictures and funny stories to share, but that will have to be for a later time.

But I didn't want to let this time go by without acknowledging that it was Caleb's 1 year birthday yesterday. Mike and I decided that it wasn't really a birthday celebration (he's one, he has no idea) but more a celebration that I have, indeed, made it a full year with having 4 young children. I definitely think that needs celebrating!

So what's Caleb up to these days?

I like to say he can do everything but actually walk. He is in full control of his body. He even stands unassisted. He just won't put one foot in front of the other.

He is doing some talking. He loves to drop things, or rip his shoes off in the car and say, "Uh-oh!" over and over and over again. He also says a version of, "I did it!" which sounds like "i-didi". The funny thing is that he says it a lot and he says it at the correct times. Go figure. He skipped right to stringing words together, at 1 year old. A true genius. :) He also says Mama when he's sad or wants something from me. It's very sad, and very cute.

He's eating like a champ. Loves any thing with beans, or fruit, or vegetable. Really, you can put anything in front of him and he'll eat it. The only thing he isn't completely excited about is bananas. I think they are just to much work for him to pick up those slimy things and work them into his mouth. If you feed him banana, he loves is. So he's a genius, just a little lazy. :) Aren't we all.

So that's my baby at this point in his life. He is just a joy. I am so thankful that he is here and that I get to be his Momma. There is nothing like being unconditionally loved by a 1 year old. I'm truly blessed.

(CJ hoping that at least one of my children won't be scared of the dog...)

1 comment:

pawolfe said...

You are a "rock star" MOM to all four. They are wonderful and Caleb....well he is truly coming into himself and what a wonderful personality is developing.