Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cold Weather Chaos

I think this winter is going to be different. The kids aren't as happy to play constructively with their toys. There is a lot more "fort" building, games of hide-and-seek, "skating" on the hardwood floor, "bridge" building, and general rough housing going on. Of course it all these games usually end up in someone crying and getting hurt. Surprisingly, it usually is not Lilia.

So I'm starting to think about what kind of CONSTRUCTIVE activities that I can have for the kids in these cold winter afternoons. Thankfully we still have a few sunny, warmer afternoon's left where I can let them run their energy off outside. (i.e. Today) But they are, so sadly, becoming the exception and not the rule

So earlier this afternoon we got out the paper dolls...
I've also been thinking about doing Fall activities...
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/themes/fall.shtml

But since I'm looking like this...
I need ideas/ projects that are sure fire attention grabbers, yet EASY to implement. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here is an oldie but goodie....buy a bunch of tissue paper and cut into 2x2 squares (don't be perfect, just slash at the paper and get a bunch of 2x2 inch squares)
take construction paper and with a thick marker draw out a simple design...flower, car, rainbow...then smear elmers glue on the drawing....then you take the eraser end of a pencil and wrap the 2x2 inch tissue on the end and smooth it down around the top of the pencil...then touch the covered eraser end to the glue and lift off and you have a tissue floret sticking up from the picture...fill the whole picture in with the tissue florets.