Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Haircuts and Halelujahs!

Sofie has been asking me for the past couple of weeks to cut her hair. "Mom, can my hair be short like yours?" Which I always chuckle because I remember wanting the EXACT same thing at her age, and, only someone with their hair as LONG as hers would ask to have their hair as "short" as mine.

Anyway, I have no objection to having her hair be shorter. Truly it's as long as it is because she's just not that high on the "hair cut" priority list. Lately, though, it's been getting a little thinner at the bottom and more proned to tangles. So we rectified the situation tonight and cut, a lot, off.

I was a little afraid she be sad that it was so much shorter and start crying. Nope, when she saw how short it was she just started giggling and saying, "thank you Momma, thank you!!"

She is so excited to show her friends at Sparks tomorrow night. She thought that they may not recognize her. :) I told her, from my personal experience, that when your hair is so long, even if you cut off a ton, people really don't notice because it still looks long. But I do hope someone will mention it to her, just because she's so excited about her shorter cut. :)

Notice where the ends of her hair are, about an inch below her pajama top,
We did cut off a lot! It was very nostalgic. I remember getting massive amounts cut off as a child also, only to have it be unusually long in just a few months. We grow hair well in this family. :)
The pile of hair left over. What, maybe 6 inches?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
We just trimmed up Gracie's too, to get rid of the dead, thin, triangle at the bottom of her long hair.
Looking good, Sofie!